These popsicles are a sweet and easy treat to accompany any backyard barbeque. A cinch to make, the pops are a great dessert for younger hands to make while an older child supervises. If you have U-pick blueberry or strawberry farms in the area, make sure to visit them for the freshest ingredients!
30-40 fresh blueberries or strawberries, hulled and cleaned (larger strawberries halved)
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
¼ cup of honey
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 sprig fresh mint, optional
- Chop mint thinly.
- Mix honey, lemon juice and zest.
- Toss berries in lemon and honey mixture and let stand for 5 minutes.
- If using mint, fold into the yogurt.
- Start filling the molds with the yogurt and alternate with the berries, layering the popsicle molds until all 6 molds are filled according to the mold instructions.
- Add sticks and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- To unmold, run warm water over the ends to loosen the popsicles.
Photo by jay Wellington on Pexels