This year’s holiday gift trekking will merge long lines with social distancing. To stay stress-free here are a few ideas, local and online, that will help Augusta Family holiday shoppers skip the crowds while getting some fun gifts for everyone in the family.
This year it will be more important than ever to make sure the kiddos are geared up to get fresh air in a safe, outdoor environment. Whether they’re sporting similar styles to Mom and Dad or donning their first Mucks or XTRATUF each style (even the baby booties!) offer 100% waterproof protection, Neoprene Bootie for comfort and performance, along with a breathable mesh lining. Bigger kid styles also feature rubber toe and heel protector and a self-cleaning diamond outsole.
Prices range from $30 to $100 (baby booties to young kids).
Site offers 10% off first time orders.
Augusta Family’s Holiday Toy Guide has gifts for young children, www.augustafamilymagazine.com.
Under the Tannenbaum Books
The best local spot for new, used and rare books is The Book Tavern. Their gift guide includes some great reads in the categories of fiction, young readers, poetry and culinary finds. Get 20% off the catalog features, Nov. 1st – 25th. Here are a few to choose:
- When the Light of the World Was Subdued, Our Songs Came Through. US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo’s collection of more than 160 poets that represent 100 indigenous nations to create the first Native poetry anthology.
- The Brightest Star. The legendary Fern Michaels ushers in a Christmas story about a small business owner competing against online retail giants.
- Every Bone a Prayer. A story of trauma and breaking free, the book explores healing and hope in Appalachia.
- Modern Cast Iron. Home-stylin’ and cast ironin’ cooking: a cook’s guide to all things cast iron.
- The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be. Joanna Gaines’ second book about kids celebrating their uniqueness and differences.
- RESPECT. A vibrant portrait of Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, that will capture young readers.
- Featured Author: Maria Scrivan’s Forget Me Nat and Nat Enough. Self-confidence and self-doubt, making and keeping friends, and the idea of being enough are some of the themes explored in the author’s young reader novels.
Nabee Compression socks come in trendy designs and colors and they are breathable, include a seamless toe and have extra arch support. If someone you know spends time standing, sitting or traveling on planes these colorful and fun socks are a great gift for tired legs. Maybe mom is a runner or athelete? Grab some Nabee socks so she can go the distance for 2021! Price: $30, plus shipping and handling. Email providers will receive 20% off.
Throw blankets are signature mom. Simply Organic Bamboo throw blankets are neutral, chic and made from 100% bamboo. The lightweight knitted blankets are anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic. The throw dimensions spread 51 x 63 inches and come in Gray Fog, Green Sage, Pink Petal and Red Winterberry. The site offers comforters, pillowcases, sheets and sleep masks— everything for a mom who deserves a good night’s sleep. $79, use the code MERRY to receive 15% off your order.
The Melitta Coffee Retro Pour Over present is the gift that keeps brewing morning holiday joy throughout the year. The retro pour over is the perfect gift for mom’s early morning routine. It is an absolute cinch to make 1-2 cups of coffee in this small pot with easy clean up and no fuss. The pour over carafes come in the BEST colors, including our favorite shiny dollhouse pink. This pour over is an Augusta Family magazine staff favorite! $19.99 – $39.99. Great for college kids, too!
A long night of gift wrapping?
Try our Buttered Praline Coffee Recipe at www.augustafamily.com/buttered-praline-coffee/
Light My FireSteel Army Magnesium Firestarter makes lighting a fire or stove easy in any weather including rain. The large flint is practical and reliable. Set includes a whistle in the scraper so dad is ready for any adventure. $18.99 on Amazon and comes in cocoshell, rusty orange and slatyblack.
For dads who are amused by blunders, there is the F in Exams collection of real-life amusing answers on exams from students in grade school to high school. The hilarious book of wrong answers to common test questions celebrates the fun side of epic fails. $8.50, www.uncommongoods.com/product/f-in-exams.
Dr. Squatch Bundle Grooming Kits contain all a young student needs to stay clean, groomed and smooth for the holidays. Starter and full routine kits available online in three manly scents and range from $29 – $83, www.drsquatch.com. Subscribe and save 15%.
Photo by giftpunditscom from Pexels