(Family Features) Cold winter weather calls for comfort food like these delicious and moist pumpkin bars. Start your favorite movie and warm up your chilly day with a cozy blanket, a mug of hot chocolate and a plate of some of these incredible Spiced Pumpkin Bars.
Find more dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
Spiced Pumpkin Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- Pecan halves (optional)
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and oil on medium speed. Add the flour mixture; beat until well combined. If desired, stir in chopped pecans.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sifted powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Frost pumpkin bars. If desired, top with pecan halves. Cut into squares. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
Watch video to see how to make this delicious recipe!