February is the month of love. It’s a time to celebrate and honor all the loving relationships we have in our lives. That is why it’s the perfect time to celebrate and honor the most important relationship you have in life – the one you have with yourself?
As parents it is often difficult to set aside personal time, but this month take the opportunity to challenge yourself to practice self care and self love.
Self-care and self-love is about loving who you are and seeing in yourself what those who care about you see and love in you. It’s about living as your best self no matter what.
One way to get started is with positive self talk or affirmations.
Pick your favorite affirmations and write them on sticky notes. Put those sticky notes where you’ll see them every day — on your bathroom mirror or the cabinet above your coffee maker. Whatever works for you!
Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Write down five things that you love about yourself.
2. Write ten things that you are proud you have accomplished.
3. Look in the mirror and tell yourself three things you have accomplished that was difficult.
4. Reflect on how far you’ve come and what you’re capable of.
5. Challenge yourself to try new things. Write them down and add at least three of them to your schedule.
6. Do one thing completely and utterly for yourself. This is anything that brings you joy. No matter how big or small, when you do it tell yourself “this is for me.”
Happy Valentine’s Day!
This article appears in the February 2019 issue of Augusta Family Magazine.
Did you like what you read here?