SkyView Lite® Tonight!
SkyView® Lite is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in the sky, day or night. (SkyView® Lite Here)
The invention of smartphones had indeed changed the way we look at our world. We shop for clothes, order takeout, read books, listen to music and communicate all differently than we did the better part of the last century. With the SkyView® Lite app, now we even look at the sky differently. This great app is simply amazing at pointing out stars, planets, constellations and even satellites directly above your head. It is super cool, extraordinarily convenient, and FREE! So, tonight go outside with the kids as the night sky turns dark and everything starts to shine in the galaxy. Then, simply point your smartphone SkyView® Lite app at the sky and watch what you see. The app does the brilliant work of connecting all the dots and naming them while giving fascinating facts about each. It is a fantastic educational app for the kids and parents alike! Ages 4 and up.
Here are all the cool app features:
- Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
- Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
- Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
- Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
- Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
- Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
- Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
- Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
- There is even a stargazing music pack, for $1.99.
Photo by Bill Dickinson on Flickr