Mommy Makeover March 2011
Dr. Patty Caudell • Photo By John Harpring
Dr. Patty Caudell, 46, is a busy mother of two sons, ages 11 and 9, who holds a black belt in karate and enjoys the outdoors. As a pathologist, she diagnoses cancers and other diseases, but in her everyday life she has a diagnosis for herself: “I’m completely fashion challenged,” she says.
- The Mommy Makeover team at Dillard’s was ready to solve Caudell’s “diagnosis” and her first stop was with Dealynn Fryer, women’s apparel manager. “Find pieces you like that you can then mix and match,” Fryer says about building a wardrobe. “You’ll usually need two times as many tops as bottoms.”
- Caudell tried on dozens of garments and shoes (and even a few Ralph Lauren bathing suits) and chose a bohemian turquoise blouse by Sunny Taylor, white Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (which come in all sizes from petite to women’s), Gianni Bini silver sandals (exclusive to Dillard’s) and a striped macrame handbag by The Sak.
- Next up was a consultation, cut and color with Dillard’s Your Salon stylist Natalie Ambroise. Caudell’s hair has never been colored but she and Ambroise decided to add some very subtle golden sand-colored highlights. Ambroise kept the length of Caudell’s hair about the same while adding lots of long layers to add movement.
- Ambroise used Aveda Volumizing Tonic and Smooth Infusion as styling aids, blew Caudell’s hair dry and then used a flat iron to smooth the ends.
- After a lunch complements of Chick-Fil-A, Caudell made her wa to the Dillard’s cosmetics department where Clinique Consultant Verna Plata was ready to teach her how to best care for her skin.
- Caudell describes her skin as very dry, so Plata used Clinique’s three-step skin care for dry skin in prepping her face for other treatments and makeup. She followed with Repair Wear Intensive Day Cream with spf 15 and told Caudell about the benefits of Clinique’s Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, which diminishes dark spots, age spots and some acne scars.
- Next, Plata applied Osmotic Eye Surgery on the skin beneath Caudell’s eyebrows for lift and then used All About Eyes Serum under Caudell’s eyes. The serum has a roller ball applicator and a formula that includes caffeine, which decreases puffiness, along with ingredients to brighten the eye area and combat dark circles.
- Plata kept Caudell’s makeup simple, beginning with Super Moisture Makeup for maximum hydration followed by loose powder. She applied Touchbase in canvas on Caudell’s lids to hold her eyeshadow in place and then brushed light mink eye shadow all over Caudell’s lids. Rum spice in the crease adds definition and eyeliner in roast coffee “opens up your eyes,” says Plata. Advanced Concealer was applied to brighten the eye area and hide dark circles. New clover blush and Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm completed her color cosmetics. The last step was an application of Estee Lauder’s new Sumptuous Extreme Mascara, which is a gel-based mascara that can be applied in several coats without clumping.
Want a makeover? Send a recent photo, contact information and a letter describing why you deserve a makeover to: Karin Calloway, editor, Augusta Family Magazine, P.O. Box 1405, Augusta, GA 30903 or to email@example.com. Applications are also being taken at www.augustafamily.com.